St. John Island Map
St. John is the smallest of the US Virgin Islands, but definitely has a big heart. No matter where on the map you are, St. John offers friendly locale and excellent weather all year round, with a population of 4,170 people and temperatures ranging from 77 to 90 degrees. The National Park makes up 2/3 of the island, extends into all five quarters of the island, and offers many excursions like hiking, beaches, and archaeological sites. You can also drive across the island in a relatively short time, taking in all the sweeping and beautiful views. Things like shops, restaurants, hospitals, and schools are easily accessible no matter where your home is located on the map. Check out our St. John map below to see all the major areas and beaches on the island.
St. John Island Map
Neighborhoods Within St. John USVI
In addition to the expansive Virgin Islands National Park, take notice of the five primary residential areas within the St. John Map. While all of these areas share in the tranquil beauty of the island, each has a unique personality. Learn more about the real estate market and culture of each area via the links below.
- Cruz Bay – The most densely populated area on this remote island paradise.
- Explore nearby Chocolate Hole
- Coral Bay – A quieter alternative to Cruz Bay.
- Maho Bay & Peter Bay – The north shore, which some say hosts island’s most beautiful beaches.
- Discover nearby Catherineberg
- East End of St John – the most remote area of St John.
- Reef Bay – The southernmost area of the island, with panoramas of St. Croix on a clear day.
How Big Is St. John?
The island itself is just 5 miles wide and 9 miles long, with more than four-fifths of the island covered in tropical vegetation. Most of the population resides in Coral Bay and Cruz Bay, which is the capital. With 4,170 inhabitants, St. John hosts 4 percent of the US Virgin Island’s population. The total population of the US Virgin Islands is 106,405 according to the 2010 census.
For More info on Neighborhoods Within the St John Map, Contact an Islandia Real Estate Agent!